About the Park
The park had been used as a quarry during the Japanese occupation, and was thereafter left unused causing concerns for deterioration or urban scenery and causing safety accidents. After a process of consultation and inspections on 5,680㎡ of the Mt. Eungbong land, Korea’s best-quality artificial rock-climbing wall was installed and opened Dec. 18, 1999, making the mountain one of Korea’s best theme parks. Many citizens unable to climb natural rockwalls enjoy climbing it for wholesome leisure, exercise and stress relief, making this park a famous site in the area.
Brief description of the rock-climbing facility are: the game (professional climbers) rockwalls – 14 m wide and 15 high; and the practice rockwalls – 12m wide and 3 m high.
Park’s Current Status
- Location : 269-4 Eungbong-dong
- Area : 5,680㎡
- Construction Year : 1999. 12. 18
- Appointed Year : 1997. 3. 21(Archive No. 1997-82)
- Amenities : Artificial rock-climbing wall (one for games and another for practice) a management office and restroom, a children’s playground
- Take the national railway line, get off at Eungbong Station and walk 10 minutes.
- Take a town bus no, 8, and get off at LG25 convenience store.
- Take city bus no. 0013, 0211, 263, 1216 and 2411 (get off at in front of Eungbong-dong Hyundai Apartments)